Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas 2009

This post has a lot of pictures, but there were so many fun times that it was too hard to just narrow it down to a couple of pictures...so grab a diet coke and a butterfinger, or a half of a candy cane if you can and enjoy some of the fun memories of this past Christmas.

This year Troy wanted a Thomas the Train track.

Josh was so cute when he saw this tent he went right inside, sat down and smiled for the camera!

Grant didn't know what he wanted from Santa for a really long time...finally after much diliberation he decided on an all terrain remote control car. This is a lot of fun...a ton of power. My baseboards are proof of that!


Savannah has had a cell phone that we bought her about a year and a half ago...the cheapest one out there. For Christmas she said all she wanted was a better, cooler cell phone. I told her that I bought her a phone already, and if she wanted a nicer, better, cooler phone SHE could buy it. Well, Savannah out smarted us by asking Santa for that nicer, better, cooler phone!!!



Forrest is so excited because Santa brought him his beloved DSi. This was very much hoped for, and he managed to barely make it off the naughty list just in time for Christmas!


Santa brought the whole family the Wii fit plus. This has been so much fun. No one is allowed around when mom is on the Wii fit though. ;o)


I love this picture of the kids. They were so sweet helping Josh open his presents. Josh is always way more interested in the candy in the stocking than in his presents. So, once the older kids were done tearing into their presents, they were more than willing to help Josh.


And here it is...every year there is one kid that is crying during this picture on Christmas Eve. It has been a long day! I wonder who it will be next year? Probably the mom!

Christmas Eve

These next couple of pictures are from Beckie's house....I think someone may have spiked the eggnog!


What else could explain THIS?


I believe it was him....he looks pretty guilty don't you think?


Me and Beckie


I feel so blessed to be so close to my family and to spend the holidays with them. I cherish the memories of Christmas Eve dinner at Claim Jumpers(one day I hope to enjoy that dinner without trying to keep Josh's food from flying too far in the restaurant) and the nativity Christmas pageant, Christmas morning breakfast tradition, a candy shaped cinnamon roll made by Beckie, the presents, and going out to a movie on Christmas day tradition. These are all things that I have done my whole life for Christmas and I love that I get to share these traditions with my kids and Brett.

My parents. Thank you for starting all these traditions. They are so important to us all.


My kids all love going to Aunt Beckie's house. She always has something fun to look at or play with.

Each year my parents give the grandkids new Christmas PJ's and an ornament. Josh opening his ornament.



Fun with our cousins in Oregon



two seconds later.....


I love the look on Jim's face!









Christmas 2009 was a lot of fun, and I even managed to get a few pictures where kids sat still!

2 comments:

Chelly said...

Okay okay so you're sisters! LOL *blush* I am frequently guilty of missing the boat ;o) Your Christmas looks wonderful~ so warm and cozy and filled with love. That's wonderful that you get to live so close to your family and share in those special traditions with them!

Mandy said...

So fun! Great traditions, great pictures, great family. Just love you guys. When's the next girls night?